The OMF team set to work planning and dissecting every aspect of the event to make sure it flowed as a face-to-face event would, and importantly still had the same energy and vibe.
- Pre-event recording of musical performances, VT links, and sponsor messages at Blenheim Palace
- Pre-recordings sewn together and stitched into longer VTs that underpinned the live elements of the stream
- Creation of branded graphics to tie the entire show together
- Detailed cue sheet produced (to be used as the running order and script on the day)
For this project the team did two dress rehearsals, with one just before the live stream itself. This is hugely beneficial to everyone involved. The production team are able to iron out any last-minute tech and content issues, and the host and client are able to become familiar and comfortable with the production environment, cameras, monitors, and lights.
Team roles –
Dom – Producer (taking control of the MultiCam and streaming environment)
Wilson – Cue-controller (in charge of the cue list software)
George – Production Manager (taking control of the live feed and cue sheet for the host and the live call-in system)
Chris – QC (watching the final stream to ensure quality and monitoring stats)
Each member of the OMF team could have a few things happening at once so detailed planning, open communication and teamwork is essential.
Challenges and solutions:
- Ensuring guests were not able to find out who had won the awards (used Zoom Waiting Rooms to keep them separate from the stream until the right time.)
- Making sure the right content was playing at the right time (The cue-controller had preloaded all 30 VTs in order to make sure they were all correct).
- Communication with the audience (used a ticker-tape containing call-to-actions information such as hashtags, website details etc).
Once the stream was finished the live stream was processed and re-uploaded as an on-demand video for those who weren’t able to attend on the night. Alongside this, we produced a short highlights cut for use on social media and other marketing promotions.