In order to quickly communicate the effectiveness of our client’s product the OMF team decided to set up two versions of the same scenario. These were based on the customer experience in a café
- Based on the current processes in the industry with regard to food allergies where the customer received poor service and left feeling uncomfortable
- The same scenario but with the café using the client’s product resulting in a happy customer
- Creation of visual storyboard using 3D models to build scenes for client sign off
- Work with client to finalise scripts including key messages and product information
- Source shoot location (local café – Lyall & Co)
On the day of the shoot the team worked methodically through the storyboard. We captured all the planned scenes as well as additional footage to be interspersed in the video. Production Director, Chris worked with the actors ensuring the interactions between the café employee and customer captured the essence of the video. The emotions of both characters needed to demonstrate the positive outcomes of using the new product.
Referencing the storyboard was vital during the editing process. It helped the OMF team to build a timeline quickly and efficiently. On the day of the shoot, the team had meticulously labelled all of the footage as it would allow easy navigation through the raw footage.
Post-production is an exciting process as things start to make sense and all the planning comes together. It is always satisfying watching the script come to life and all of the shots fall in to place.